9.10.08

Here's to a super weekend

Amazingly I couldn't find the time to post last night during my Night Watch shift like I normally do. Night Watch is basically the front desk person at our residence halls, who stays up from 12am to 4am on Wednesday and Thursday nights and 2am to 6am on Friday and Saturday nights. I work the desk on Wednesday and Friday every week. Usually I had been posting from there, since I'm up for 4 hours and usually have nothing to do except watch Youtube videos and listen to music. Usually my friends who never sleep come visit me. Its actually a pretty fun job because I get to sit behind the front desk and watch all the drunk people come in. Sometimes they come talk to me, but they're part of the reason I'm there. If one of the residents comes in and they're really really messed up I'm supposed to call university police who come and get them an abulance. Also I make sure people who don't live in the building can't get in and cause trouble.

Being on ResLife means that they pay for my room and board, so I really don't mind being up at all hours of the night talking to drunks.

I lost my cell phone on Monday, which is very upsetting. I had a Palm Centro, and basically had my entire life on that phone. I hadn't scynced it with my computer since August, so I lost most all of the stuff I had on it. Luckily my parents had it insured so Sprint is shipping me a new phone which is supposed to get here tomorrow, but I won't be able to get it from our pathetic package room until Monday. But I'll be glad to have a phone back. I had to write my friend's phone numbers in a little notebook I've been carrying around. And I hate asking people to borrow their cell phones all the time. Also I never know what time it is anymore. I should probably just buy a watch.

Something awesome happened this week though! My boyfriend finally bought a bike! He got a Giant Boulder mountain bike with street tires. It's a pretty solid bike, I really don't know much of anything about mountain bikes, but I've heard pretty good things about Giant. As soon as we got home with his bike he wanted to go for a ride, so we got some of our friends together and rode around in Audubon park and over to the Tree, where we found a bunch of my other friends who had ridden over there earlier and were climbing in the Tree. Now almost all my close friends have bicycles. I can start a bike gang. Or not and say I did.

So, theres some bike mapping this weekend! I'm going on Saturday for sure.

Saturday October 11th, 4pm - Palmer Park. Mapping Hollygrove.

Sunday October 12th, 4pm - Samuel Square. Mapping Central City.


No comments: